Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Ok right, so a guy who I used to be at the student radio station i was at, right, before I was there does this yearly thing, right, where he asks his mates to give him their top 10 records of the year. Then he makes a Top 50 list. I've voted the past couple of years, and now you can to! Oh yes, anyone can do it. Just follow the link...
Go on, I'm trusting your impeccable taste in music. I'm still deciding on mine (there's a lot of big decisions to be made), but here's my Top 10 from last year.
- The Paradise – In Love With You
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Stop
- Johnny Cash – Hurt
- Freeland – We Want Your Soul
- Beyonce – Crazy In Love
- The White Stripes – 7 Nation Army
- Panjabi MC – Yogi
- Tatu – All The Things She Said
- Mark Ronson and Ghostface Killah - Ooh Wee
- UNKLE – Eye For An Eye
I'll obviously let you know what I reckon about this year as soon as I've decided on it meself....
RIGHT. That actually took less time than I was expecting. So here we go, my Top 10 singles of 2004:
- Eric Prydz - Call On Me
- Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
- Charlotte Hatherley – Summer
- High Contrast – Twilights Last Gleaming
- Graham Coxon - Freakin' Out
- Girls Aloud – The Show
- Dizzee Rascal – Dream
- Skandalous Unlimited – Watford Weather
- Alan Braxe & Fred Falke – Rubicon
- Kanye West - Jesus Walks
And if you disagree, then you know what you can do. But as well as kissing my ass, you can leave comments and, of course, vote in that there poll up there. Needless to say there were literally millions (well, not literally) of other tracks that could've been included, but those made it through. Quite an UP year, actually. All of those would get me up on the dancefloor. I might well do a paragraph on each track, but I can't really be bothered now.