Monday, July 03, 2006
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Crikey, how long since I did a tippity top ten tunes stuck in the old Bandito brainstead? Far too long. I blame the football (don't!), but here we go.
1. Kylie Minogue - 'Limbo' From the wonderfully flawed Impossible Princess album. We love you Kylie. Well, I do anyway...
2. The Killers - 'Mr Brightside' Shouted very loudly by me on Saturday night at the Highbury Garage, drenched in sweat, bellowing away my disappointment. Jealous? Me? Nooo...
3. New Order - 'True Faith (Peel Session)' Off my Shuffleathon CD from Mark via the organisational genius of Swiss Toni. Thanks Mark! This is ace. Proper full review very soon.
4. Lupe Fiasco - 'Kick Push' Hip Hop can do love songs, too. Just fantastic.
5. Aphex Twin - 'Kesson Daslef' Sinister John Cage piano via Cornish Acid, it's a good thing.
6. Panic! At The Disco - 'Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have With Her Clothes On' At last, a band who not only live up to, but play up to the absurdity of emo. I heart them.
7. Rilo Kiley - 'The Frug' Before Jenny Lewis really started belting them out, and all the more adorable for it. She also looks so cute in the video, too. Sigh.
8. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 'If You Can't Be With The One You Love, Love The One You're With' It just doesn't get much better than this! Perfect for a summer walk through London heat.
9. The Beatles - 'Long Long Long' Gives me chills every time.
10. Keane - 'Bad Dream' Yeah, you heard. I still don't like them much, to be honest, but this sums up the current mood better than anything else currently circling in the firmament. So credit where it's due.
Hey you kids, you kids be cool. Let's do the show right here! Enjoy the sunshine.
|All opinions expressed within the pages and comments of this blog are solely those of the author, and not of his employers or associates. If you have any complaints, corrections or queries regarding any of the material contained within, please contact the author via email. Thanks for reading!