Tuesday, September 19, 2006
I Feel Mysterious Today
I've heartlessly stolen this memememe from Annie at Slaminsky. Haven't done one of these for aaaaaaages so figured it was about time. I'm in a reflective mood, so I may even complete it without smartarse answers. We can only hope. Hold tight, here we go.
1. Your first grade teacher: Mrs. Humphries. My Mum's still in touch with her.
2. Last word you said: "Take care." Unless we're counting talking to myself, in which case it was probably an expletive.
3. Last song you sang: The View - 'Wasted Little DJ's' The "Astedway ittlelay eejaysday" chorus bit.
5. Last thing you laughed at: The end of Hannibal that my mate told me to tune into on ITV 2. So gruesome you just have to laugh!
6. Last time you said I don’t remember: I don't remember (I genuinely don't!)
7. Last time you cried: Listening to Sufjan Stevens 'Casimir Pulaski Day' because it reminded me of Girlfriend In A Coma, and the moment...well, you'll know if you've read it. Set me right off it did.
8. What colour socks are you wearing: Black
9. What’s under your bed: My wellies and some old sheets that came with the flat.
10. What time did you wake up today: It was the afternoon. I'm on holiday.
11. Current taste: Prawn salad.
12. Current hair: Long, straggly, happy.
13. Current annoyance: Happy clappy hippy crap printed on labels and in fast food emproriums. Just cos you use words like "Nightmare" and write with slang doesn't stop you being evil corporate scum. I blame the bohemian bourgeoise like..er..me.
14. Current longing: Sugar
15. Current desktop background: Snoopy sat at his typewriter.
16. Current worry: Whatever's on the front cover of the Indie, usually. I worry for the world.
17. Current hate: Hate leads to suffering.
18. Current favourite article of clothing: My new Yo! MTV Raps T Shirt.
19. Favourite physical feature of the preferred sex: The bits that make girls different are always very appealing, but without the look in the eyes it's meaningless.
20. Last CD that you listened to: David Bowie - 'Heroes'
21. Favourite place to be: In bed when I don't have to get up.
22. Least favourite place: Miles from home after the tubes have shut with no cabs.
23. Time you wake up in the morning: 9am. Sorry.
24. If you could play an instrument, what would you play: I've always fancied being a bass guitarist. The real powerhouse of any good band.
25. Favourite colour: Red
26. Do you believe in an afterlife: I believe in kids. That's about it.
27. How tall are you: 6'4"ish.
28. Current favourite word/saying: Bless him/her/'em. I say it far too often.
29. Favourite book: You're The Greatest Charlie Brown - Charles Schulz.
30. Favourite season: Autumn
31. One person from your past you wish you could go back to see: My Gran.
32. Where do you want to go for university?: Been there, done that. Ouch, now I realise who this questionaire is aimed at. Grow up, boy.
33. What is your career going to be like: Off a cliff.
34. How many kids do you want: 2. Cos then I can play them off against each other.
Have you ever...
35. Said “I love you” and meant it (with the opposite sex) Yes. And no.
36. Gotten in a fight with your dog/cat/bird/fish: I had long arguments with our pet budgie that would squak whenever i was hungover.
37. Been to New York: No, not yet.
38. Been to Florida: No.
39. Been to the Bahamas: No.
40. Been to Mexico: No, despite the full name of this blog.
41. Been to China: No.
42. Been to Canada: No. Wow, Michael Palin must be bricking himself.
43. Dreamed something really crazy and then it happened the next day: I've had dream de ja vu, but I've never been able to put my finger on it.
45. Do you have a crush on someone?: Yeah, go on then.
46. What book are you reading now?: Charlie Brooker's 'Screen Burn' and Haruki Murakami's 'Norwegian Wood'
47. Worst feeling in the world: Helplessness
48. What is the first thing you think when you wake in the morning?: Thank god I'm not at school any more.
49. How many rings before you answer: At least 2.
50. Future daughter’s name: I do like Chloe.
51. Future son’s name: Derek Jnr. Poor kid.
52. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: No, they live down the side of the bed.
53. If you could have any job you wanted: King of the whole world.
54. Where do you wish you were: Neverland. The original one.
55. Piercings: None. Hate needles.
The extra stuff
57. Do you do drugs: No.
58. Do you drink: Now and again.
59. What kind of Shampoo and Conditioner do you use: I think they're Dove at the moment. I'm not going to get up to check.
60. What are you most scared of: Being alone, if I'm honest. Death, if I'm morbid.
61. What clothes do you sleep in: My boxers.
62. Who is the last person that you called: My brother.
63. Where do you want to get married: Never thought of a location! My old parish church in Bushey would make my Mum very happy.
64. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be: I could lose a few pounds, but otherwise I'll survive.
65. Who do you really hate: Seems unfair to single one person out from the shower of bastards we share the planet with.
66. Been in love: I've had my heart broken. Is that the same thing?
67. Are you timely or always late: Timely, although everyone things I'm not.
68. Do you have a job: Yes. Well, I did when I last left.
69. Do you like being around people: I like being around people I like.
70. Best feeling in the world: Losing yourself in the comforting company of others.
71. Are you for world peace: I don't think it'll ever happen. I'd be happy with world cooperation.
72. Are you a health freak: Not really.
73. Do you have a “Type” of person you always go after: I thought I did, but I've proved myself wrong many times.
74. Do you want someone you don’t have?: No one specific.
75. Are you lonely right now: Nah.
76. Ever afraid you’ll never get married: I dunno if afraid is the word.
In the last 48 hours, have you:
78. Cried: Yes
79. Bought Something: Did a Tesco shop and bought a big telly.
80. Gotten Sick: No
81. Sang: "Oooh aaaah I wanna be with you everywhere!"
82. Said I Love You: No, although I've been with people I love. Funny that.
83. Wanted to tell someone you loved them: No, they know already.
84. Met Someone: The folks, my brother, my landlord.
85. Moved On: You know what, I really think I have.
86. Talked to Someone: Oooh loads of people. Even had a nice chat with the lady at the checkout.
87. Had A Serious Talk: Me and my brother had a good chat.
88. Missed Someone: Yes, my Gran.
89. Hugged Someone: Yes
90. Yelled at Someone: No.
91. Dreamed About Someone You Can’t Be With: Not that I can remember. It's not uncommon.
So there we go. Oooh, it's like you've stared at my naked soul. I'll also steal Annie's idea and challenge you to answer at least one question yourself in the comments box. You know you want to. Extra points if it's juicy! Anonymity assured...
|All opinions expressed within the pages and comments of this blog are solely those of the author, and not of his employers or associates. If you have any complaints, corrections or queries regarding any of the material contained within, please contact the author via email. Thanks for reading!