Monday, October 23, 2006
Over at the venerable Art Of Noise blog, there's something of a kerfuffle. Yes, the brand new feature that's causing a bit of a stir is In The Dock, where each week two bloggers debate musical matters. This week I have stepped forward to defend The Beatles from the textual onslaught of the evil Lord Bargain, who doesn't like them. The cad! Yes, I somehow managed to come up with a few reasons why the most popular and influential band in the history of music should be regarded as such. See how I managed this act of mercurial genius over at The Art Of Noise now. Or when you've got a spare five minutes, it's no skin off my nose, to be quite honest.
To commemorate the occasion, I'm going to attempt to give you my Top 10 favourite Beatles songs ever. Not the easiest task, as I have in my possession more or less everything they've ever released. So in no particular order I give you...
1. 'Dear Prudence' from The White Album
2. 'Rain' from the B Side of 'Paperback Writer' (Available on Past Masters Vol. 2)
3. 'Eleanor Rigby' from Revolver
4. 'You Never Give Me Your Money' from Abbey Road
5. 'A Hard Day's Night' from A Hard Day's Night. Duh.
6. 'Get Back' from Let It Be
7. 'Blackbird' from The White Album
8. 'Long, Long, Long' from The White Album
9. 'She Said She Said' from Revolver
10. 'A Day In The Life' from Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
So there we go. Do you like them there Beatles? What's your favourite song?
|All opinions expressed within the pages and comments of this blog are solely those of the author, and not of his employers or associates. If you have any complaints, corrections or queries regarding any of the material contained within, please contact the author via email. Thanks for reading!