Sunday, March 30, 2008
Lord Can You Hear Me?
Thanks to holidays, double bookings and hangovers, this Sunday was my family's Easter. So as I buzz away quietly on chocolate, here's ten modern day hymns for the lapsed...
1. The Vaselines - Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam
2. Super Furry Animals - God! Show Me Magic
3. Shellac - A Prayer To God
4. Ash - Jesus Says
5. Spacemen 3 - Walking With Jesus
6. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
7. Glassjaw - Trailer Park Jesus
8. Brand New - Jesus
9. Rilo Kiley - The Absence Of God
10. Spacemen 3/Spiritualized - Lord Can You Hear Me?
"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited." Sylvia Plath
Let us continue the battle against our limitations. Have a good week...
|All opinions expressed within the pages and comments of this blog are solely those of the author, and not of his employers or associates. If you have any complaints, corrections or queries regarding any of the material contained within, please contact the author via email. Thanks for reading!