Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Huh? Wait.. What? Oh. Er. Yeah. Yeah, so I went to Glastonbury. And. Er. I didn't actually go to bed on Sunday night. At all. Yeah, er, we watched the sun come up over the stone circle. Which was cool. And then we got wet. And muddy. Again. And took the tent down and came home. And after the world's longest shower, I tried to stay awake as late as I could on Monday until I collapsed faced down on my bed fully clothed, with my trainers still on. And then I woke up and went to work today. Which was... uh... y'know, interesting. But I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry.
So, yes, it was "the best Glastonbury ever", the same as every year. Except for the first time I went with my gorgeous girl, who was determined to pack in all the exciting things I'd done at my last three Glastonbury's into her first, thus nearly killing me. But it made it even more fun to see her little face light up as band after band wowed us with their wonderful music, the weather dazzled us with SUN and RAIN and THUNDER and LIGHTNING, and we sampled far too much Brother's 7% Pear Cider.
I fully intend to write a full, exhaustive review... but I intended to do that last year and totally failed. So in the meantime, here's my 17 feel good hits of the summer (it was supposed to be 15, but I have no discipline these days):
1. The Maccabees - Can You Give It
2. Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains
3. The Specials - A Message To You Rudy
4. The Streets - Turn The Page
5. British Sea Power - Waving Flags
6. Animal Collective - My Girls
7. Eagles Of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)
8. Spinal Tap - Big Bottom
9. La Roux - In For The Kill
10. Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
11. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Born To Run
12. Art Brut - Good Weekend
13. Charlotte Hatherley - Behave
14. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
15. Bat For Lashes - Daniel
16. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
17. Blur - For Tomorrow
What do you mean "Michael Jackson's dead"?
|All opinions expressed within the pages and comments of this blog are solely those of the author, and not of his employers or associates. If you have any complaints, corrections or queries regarding any of the material contained within, please contact the author via email. Thanks for reading!